****Call extended to the 20th July 2017
Fresh Milk and Footscray Community Arts Centre are pleased to welcome submissions of recent film and video works – screenings, installations, new media and expanded cinema – by contemporary artists, to be included in the second edition of Transoceanic Visual Exchange (TVE), a series of programmes taking place this year between Barbados and Australia. Submitted works must have been completed in the last five years and must be made by artists practicing in the Caribbean, Oceania and their diasporas.
TVE will be a collection of recent artists’ films and videos from each region. However, the final shape and content of the programme will be informed by a community curatorial process, which aims to involve and promote discussion within the wider arts communities of each participating initiative.
Working between the Caribbean, Oceania (Pacific Islands) and their diasporas, TVE aims to negotiate the in-between space of our cultural communities outside of traditional geo-political zones of encounter and trade. TVE intends to build relations and open up greater pathways of visibility, discourse and knowledge production between the regional art spaces and their communities.
- Must be work from artists practicing in the Caribbean, Oceania (Pacific Islands) and their diasporas
- Must be work that has been completed/made in the last five years.
- Can be films of any length (shorts, experimental, features and video artworks)
- Can be in any language (films originally produced in regional languages are welcome)
- Multiple submissions are welcome
- Must be accompanied by a description of the work (500 words max), a bio (200 words max) and detail of any technical requirements i.e. audio, installation, equipment required, preferred setting etc.
- Works must be in the form of mp4 files no larger than 10MB, or private Vimeo / Youtube links
- Works must not have been submitted to the previous edition of TVE
- Please specify whether your submitted works have permission to be exhibited on an online space
Deadline for submissions: 20th July 2017
Please send Caribbean submissions to: email@example.com
Please send Oceania submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on TVE and its first iteration, visit the website www.transoceanicvisualexchange.com
About Fresh Milk:
Fresh Milk is an artist-led, non-profit organisation founded in 2011 and based in Barbados. It is a platform which supports excellence in the visual arts through residencies and programmes that provide Caribbean artists with opportunities for development, fostering a thriving art community.
Fresh Milk offers professional support to artists from the Caribbean and further afield and seeks to stimulate critical thinking in contemporary visual art. Its goal is to nurture artists, raise regional awareness about contemporary arts and provide Caribbean artists with opportunities for growth, excellence and success.
About Footscray Community Arts Centre:
Footscray Community Arts Centre (FCAC) is a community-engaged, contemporary arts centre working with local, regional and international communities.
We collaborate with artists, communities and organisations to build capacity, create opportunities and drive social change. We are the place where important conversations happen: we then action; we cultivate; we deepen.